<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Pathetic Pacers 

I recently made a trip up to Boston and spent a good part of the flight trying to think of any redeeming qualities of the Indiana Pacers. It was a real struggle. I guess when I look at myself in the mirror, I have to admit, I’m a Pacer hater.

Lets start with their stars. Jermaine O’Neal is a scrawny “power forward” that bought everything that Isaiah was selling last year. That enough speaks volumes. Ron Artest? Do I even need to go there? Reggie Miller talks trash non-stop but can’t get his voice to stop cracking and prances around like a little girl. Even with his clutch shooting, its just hard to respect that.

Moving on, we’ve got the Great White Dopes in Foster, Croshere (Bird’s biggest mistake), and Scot “attention starved” Pollard. You can mix in a little Euro-trash with Primoz Brezec too.

How about point guards? Jamaal Tinsley anyone? Yes, I’d still rather have him than Joe Forte, but who can’t you say that about? Anthony Johnson? Who? Is Kenny Anderson still on the roster? If so, why?

Finally it came down to the young talent. Al Harrington has some skill, but he’s a classic tweener. Jonathan Bender has real potential, but Doc Rivers ruined it for me by comparing him to Tracy McGrady. Don’t know about that one so much Doc. Maybe I’ll take your talent evaluation with a grain of salt this upcoming draft night. Fred Jones can dunk pretty good.

In the end I couldn’t come up with a roster player to root for. But I do like the old Celtics running the team. Basketball Jesus and Jim Carey are the saving grace of this team for me. Those guys I can root for. That said, I’m still hoping the Pistons take the East. If the Lake Show is headed to the Finals, then give me a team that can clamp down the D. The Wallace Bros. might just give the Big Aristotle a riddle he can’t solve. I just can’t see Jeff Foster holding him under 40 a night.

By the way, I do have much love and respect to Indiana fans. Anyplace that spawned Larry Bird and Hoosiers is ok in my book. Plus they make some mean pancakes off of route 80.

By the way, one last note on the Pacers...worst...uniforms...ever.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com