<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 25, 2005

Junk Drawer Rants 

Sometimes, you just have to take a break from all the CelticsBlogging to look around at the rest of the sporting world and offer a few thoughts. Like these:

NFL Draft Grades:

Hi, I'm a pundit. I need a column to meet my deadline. I will always resort to "draft grades" because the column practically writes itself in a mindless formula and I will never be judged on the value of my work because I'll just throw my hands up in the air and say "its all just projections!"

I need a hug.

Joe Gibbs = Liar?

I have a tremendous amount of respect for this man, as does the whole sporting community. Not only that, but he's a pillar in the Christian community as well.

So what is he thinking by coming out and lying to our faces about trusting Ramsey. I guess the alternative would be to say "We don't have any faith in Patrick and we're just going to showcase him for trade until our draft pick is ready." And that would kibosh the season good. But still, its just unsettling.

All the world is a blog...

...and everyone seems to be a blogger. ESPN wants to stay fresh and cutting edge and they know that Page2 is getting duller by the minute (propped up on the creaky back of Bill Simmons and the Daily Quickie). They look around the web and realize that blogs are where its at. So the pound square pegs (like Chad Ford) into round holes (ESPN's insider blogs) and hope for the best. I don't mind Chad, but he's not a blogger, he's a columnist. Buster Olney, on the other hand, actually works out quite well. He seems to have a blogger's heart (sampling and linking around the net).

So now that this is happening, you have to start wondering, has blogging "jumped the shark?" Blogs started out being amateurish, quickly went cutting edge, then became world changing (Election 04), and now everyone wants one (and can easily enough have one). Still, just cause you format a webpage a certain way and slap the title blog on it, doesn't necessarily mean that it fits the mold of what the blogging phenomenon encapsulates.

Then again, the fact that I'm even discussing this proves two points:
a. it has already jumped the shark
b. I'm a blog snob


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com