<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Sunday Morning Rants 

Thoughts that occurred to me while waiting in giddy anticipation for football to start...

Man it feels good to be a Boston fan these days. Watching the Sox make up ground on the Yankees, the Pats defending their Championship in perfect style, and the Celts haven't lost a game yet! Hope springs eternal and you just never know. The Sox could wipe 1918 off the books, the Pats could enter Dynasty-Land, and the Celts,... well they could make some noise in the playoffs. We won't speak of the one-and-done-Bruins until they return to the ice.

I'm pretty pleased with my fantasy team. Everyone is this time of year, unless you totally botch your draft. RB's are king, and I have LT (sorry Simmons, I'm fine with that nickname), Kevan (no seriously, this is going to be his big year) Barlow, and Fred Taylor. The sexy pick for biggest flop is Vick, but I'm holding out hope that the preseason means nothing and he's still the guy that was ranked number one overall as a fantasy stud before the injury last preseason. Heck, I spent a 3rd rounder on him last year as a keeper. I've got a bit invested in the guy. I just wish he was smarter than average bear.

Who woke up the Irish and reminded them that they are Notre Dame? I was never a big fan growing up. They seemed too front runner for me. Like the Yankees, Lakers, and Duke. Now they could go all Rudy on us and really surprise everyone and people could fall in love with them for it. Ok, so I'm pulling for Ty Willingham, but only because Wilbon is such a big fan of his.

Is anyone else wierded out by the Buzzmaster? Don't even talk about cartoon-Stu.

Raise your hand if you were surprised that Kevin Brown got hurt for the stretch run. If anyone has their arm up, please don't buy stocks. Go straight to bonds, do not pass Go.

Speaking of the Yanks, I actually remember thinking, "wouldn't it be great if they imploded right after the trade deadline, when they wouldn't be able to do much about it?" I wouldn't say that they are falling apart at the seams. They are still wrecking teams. But they do seem to be running scared a bit.

Watchin Shaq and Kobe be mediocre is going to be a guilty pleasure that I won't feel very guilty about. On the other hand, Shaq is just such a goofball that its hard to keep hating on him. As a non-Laker, I might even have to be a fan. Plus, Wade is so fun to watch, if the C's can't make a run, I might be rooting for the Heat to unseat the Pistons/Pacers.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com