<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

The Freaking NBA 

First of all, congrats to the Ranter on his nuptials. I hope he enjoyed himself last week.

Now to the NBA, for something I rarely watch on a continuous basis (not to mention that I think that it is the most boring major live sporting event), why the hell do I enjoy the offseason? I swear, one thing after another, it just captivates me. So let me junk drawer for a second:

1) Coach K- This could have been the best thing that could have happened to me. I hate Duke. It's ruined ESPN. Cameron Crazies are losers. I'm sick of Linda Cohn getting off on these guys and Coach K leaving the program would put them out of the news for a while. Sorry Johnny Dawkins but you just aren't as good as the Cursing K. The other thing that sucks about this is that I have been looking for a reason to hate the Lakers. I just can't do it yet. While I knew the coaching change would never occur, one could only hope.

2) Kobe trial- I've learned the imporatnce of kick-butt lawyers. I'll take Pamela Mackey over the OJ team anyday. I would not want to mess with her. But yeah, I really feel bad for the girl. I really hope that the truth wins out in the end. I am still speculative on all the details. It should be interesting.

3) The Draft- Well, obviously this is what the Ranter loves. Who else would choose to spend his bachelor party screaming obscenities at Danny Ainge. This used to be an awesome event with Sir Charles egging David Stern on and Hubie talking his A$$ off. Of course, the draft has lost some of its luster with us being forced to listen to Bilas, Vitale, Steven A., and Stu. BTW, ESPN is terrible! At least, we still have the priviledge of reading The Sports Guy's diary.

4) Free Agency and Mega-deals!- This is fun, watching teams manuever to spend too much $$$$$ on guys like Ginobli and Okur. Will Shaq be traded? Where will K-Mart end up. I am personally keeping my eye on the Nuggets. They are quikly becoming my favorite team. Nothing like a Syracuse guy to divert my attention away from LA.

5) The Hawks- And who can forget the almost yearly changing of the guard in Atlanta. Wilkens and Fratello couldn't make it there long term, and they had talent. Now they suck! Welcome one more no-name!


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com