<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 05, 2004

The Link Between Boston and DC - Me! 

I'll consider this my first real post on SportsRant.net version 5.0 (or whatever we are up to now). So its best to start with what I know. As a transplant from the Boston area living now in the DC suburbs, I'll rant a bit on what that connection means to me.

First of all, it is rare experiencing two Super Bowls in one year! First was the glorious Patriots victory in one of the best Super Bowls ever to be forgotten about the next day due to a wardrobe malfunction. Second, we see the March Super Bowl being played out by Danny Snyder vs. all the rest of the league’s GM’s. Gibbs, Brunell, Portis, Springs, various linemen and linebackers, the hits keep coming. Danny suffered an early blow by failing to secure the Freak, but he may just have to settle for spreading out his cash to multiple position players instead (which is probably what they should have done to begin with but who cares what I think).

And speaking of Danny’s, the man in charge of my beloved Celtics is working his hardest at securing that lottery pick in this year’s draft. I get to witness the faltering of my franchise firsthand in a few weeks because my loving fiancé was kind enough to purchase us tickets to see them play the Wizards, another team with ping pong balls dancing them to sleep. I really thought the Wiz had signs of life this year. I thought Eddie Jordan was the man behind the Nets success of previous years and could do the same with a dynamic set of guards on the Wiz. Say it with me now Celtic Nation and Wizards faithful. “Maybe next year.” I guess if the Celtics are lucky, they can win the lottery and go after that HS kid Howard, projected to be the next Kwame Brown. Sweet.

And finally, the most direct tie that Boston and Washington have right now is the pipeline between their hockey rinks. First Gonchar (who scored last night for the Bruins) and then Nylander play for my home town team. In years past we saw Adam Oates go in the other direction, and Jim Carey go from award winning Capital’s goalie, to being dropped to the minors from the Bruins. There are more examples I’m sure, but this is hockey after all, and this may be the last hockey post you see from me for many moons. Oh yeah, go Bruins!

Baseball is another topic for another day. There will be plenty to discuss as Spring Training gets into full swing and the Sox prepare for ARod coming to town in pinstripes. Cry me a river. We got Curt and that’s pretty good for me.

Maybe Monday I’ll post about some non-Boston related subjects. Maybe.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com